Physiotherapist, Clinical Pilates Practitioner and Founder
Physiotherapist, Clinical Pilates Practitioner and Founder.
Marathon runner, Yoga & Pilates addict, Flex owner.
Being a Physio combines everything I love – health, exercise and helping people. Improving your pain, getting you moving again, and helping you feel confident and understand your injury really matters to me.
As a teenager, I was a competitive runner and developed a few injuries through training errors. After seeing a Physio, I knew that was the career for me. After graduation, I worked for several years in Australia and the UK, and I later founded Flex Physio in 2008. My goal was to provide comprehensive Physio care focused on manual therapy and exercise, integrating Physiotherapy knowledge with Clinical Pilates to deliver excellent, evidence-based treatment.
It’s an incredible privilege when clients entrust their health and wellbeing to us. I enjoy getting to know each client and love working with them as they move through the different stages of their lives.
I love treating running injuries because I really enjoy helping runners return to doing what they love. As a runner, I know just how amazing it is to run without pain or limitation, and I bring over 30 years of training and racing experience to my Physiotherapy consultations.
I’m also interested in lower back pain, especially in clients who haven’t yet found success in overcoming this problem. The strength I have achieved through Pilates has transformed my running and helped me resolve long term back pain. I’m a huge advocate for Pilates and strength training, and use it extensively in my client’s rehabilitation to help them overcome pain and remain injury free.
Life outside Flex Physio involves running (of course!), being at the beach with my husband Gordon and dogs Dexter and Benson, and eating out with friends.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- APA – Mentor: Women in Leadership
- Spinal Assessment and Treatment
- Soft Tissue Injury Treatment and Management
- Mobilisation of the Nervous System (Neurodynamics)
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Course
- PPIVMS and Grade V Techniques, Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Regions (UK)
- APPI Pilates Certification
- Dry Needling Certification (Beginner-Intermediate)
- Dry Needling Certification (Advanced)
- Shoulder & Hip Pilates Masterclasses
- Polestar Reformer Pilates Masterclasses (Intermediate & Advanced)
- Runners Level 1: Pelvic Biomechanics (Pilates)
- Runners Level 2: Foot Biomechanics (Pilates)
- Runners Level 3: Advanced (Pilates)
- The Acute Sporting Knee
- Hip Pathologies (Nichole Hamilton)
- Optimising Running Mechanics – Clinical Considerations APA
- Running Injury Management Running Rehab Master Class
- Complete Runner: Injury to Performance
- Dublin Marathon – 2004
- Bristol Half Marathon – 2005
- Run Melbourne Half Marathon – 2008, 2019
- Great Ocean Road Half Marathon – 2013
- Run For The Kids – 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2022
- Sydney City To Surf – 2004, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Rosebud Australia Day Fun Run – 2017
- Portsea Twilight – 2018
- Queenstown Marathon – 2019
- Run the Rock Half Marathon – 2021
- Melbourne Half Marathon – 2021
- Mornington Half Marathon – 2023