Physiotherapist, Clinical Pilates Practitioner and Founder
Physiotherapist, Clinical Pilates Practitioner and Founder.
Marathon runner, Pilates addict, Flex owner.
Being a physio combines everything I love – health, exercise and helping people. Improving your pain, getting you moving again, feeling confident and understanding your injury is really satisfying. That’s why I do what I do.
As a teenager, I started competitive running and developed a few injuries. After seeing a physio, I knew that was the career for me. Once I graduated and worked in the UK and Australia, I founded Flex Physio in 2008. My goal remains the same today – providing comprehensive physio care focused on manual therapy and exercise, integrating Physiotherapy with Clinical Pilates to deliver excellent, evidence-based treatment.
It’s an incredible privilege when clients entrust their health and wellbeing to us. I enjoy getting to know each one and love working with you as you move through the different stages of your life.
It’s the team I work alongside that makes Flex Physio what it is. Each of our wonderful Practitioners and admin team bring fun, passion and client dedication to work every single day.
I love treating running injuries because I really enjoy helping runners return to doing what they love. As a runner, I know just how amazing that endorphin hit is.
I’m also interested in chronic back pain, especially in clients who haven’t yet found success in overcoming it. The strength I achieved through Pilates has transformed my running and helped me resolve long term back pain. I’m a huge advocate for Pilates and use it extensively in my client’s rehabilitation to help you achieve strength and movement.
Life outside Flex Physio involves running, hanging out with my husband Gordon and dogs Dexter and Benson, yoga and eating out with friends.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Spinal Assessment and Treatment
- Soft Tissue Injury Treatment and Management
- Mobilisation of the Nervous System (Neurodynamics)
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Course
- PPIVMS and Grade V Techniques, Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar Regions (UK)
- APPI Pilates Certification
- Dry Needling Certification (Beginner-Intermediate)
- Dry Needling Certification (Advanced)
- Shoulder & Hip Pilates Masterclasses
- Polestar Reformer Pilates Masterclasses (Intermediate & Advanced)
- Runners Level 1: Pelvic Biomechanics (Pilates)
- Runners Level 2: Foot Biomechanics (Pilates)
- Runners Level 3: Advanced (Pilates)
- The Acute Sporting Knee
- Optimising Running Mechanics – Clinical Considerations APA
- Running Injury Management Running Rehab Master Class
- Hip Pathologies (Nichole Hamilton)
- Dublin Marathon – 2004
- Bristol Half Marathon – 2005
- Run Melbourne Half Marathon – 2008, 2019
- Great Ocean Road Half Marathon – 2013
- Run For The Kids – 2009, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019
- Sydney City To Surf – 2004, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Rosebud Australia Day Fun Run – 2017
- Portsea Twilight – 2018
- Queenstown Marathon – 2019
- Run the Rock Half Marathon – 2021