Clinical Pilates Practitioner
Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates Practitioner.
Cyclist, nature lover, lower limb guru.
Physio begins with problem solving and ends with seeing clients achieve their goals. That’s what I love about it – moving from pain into freedom and motion. I particularly enjoy working with overuse-type injuries such as tendinopathies and lower limb conditions.
Growing up as an injury prone athlete, I spent a lot of time in the company of excellent Physios and knew that this is what I wanted to do.
A lot of my experience is with athletes, including gymnastics, basketball as well as university rugby and football teams in Scotland. My own sporting background is in tennis and athletics, and these days I’m often found cycling and hiking in the great outdoors. I do a lot of road, tour and mountain biking including cycling adventures across regional Australia and overseas.
I established our Bike Fit Cycling Assessment service to help you manage cycling injuries and improve performance in the saddle.
What I bring to every client consult is a deep level of understanding of many kinds of injuries with empathy for how frustrating it is when your body doesn’t do what it always has. That’s one reason I’m a big fan of Clinical Pilates. When I teach Pilates, I combine strength and conditioning principles with core stability to target underlying issues and help you avoid re-injury.
Credentials & achievements
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Hons), University of Melbourne 2008
- Graduate Certificate in Sports Physiotherapy, Latrobe University 2017
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (musculoskeletal and sports national groups)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association Professional Development Courses
- Sports Level 1 and 2
- Dry Needling certification
- Hip Differential Diagnosis and Management
- Mastering Lower Limb Tendinopathy
- Science of Cycling
- Muscle Injury Management
- Cervicogenic Headache Differential Diagnosis and Management
- Mobilisation of the nervous system
- Mulligan’s Level 1
- The Everyday Shoulder
- Gluteal Tendinopathy Management