Lead Physiotherapist, Strength Service Coordinator and Clinical Pilates Practitioner
Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates Practitioner.
Swimmer, movie buff, shoulder expert.
I was a competitive swimmer growing up and when I suffered a few shoulder injuries, I became fascinated with the things that my body was doing to compensate and keep me functioning. After seeing a Physiotherapist, being a Physio became the only thing that I wanted to do with my life.
I’m now a Doctor of Physiotherapy and a Clinical Myotherapist. New injuries, post-operative rehab and shoulders get me excited, so I love to help clients who need this expertise. Shoulders are complex and trying to improve their condition can be frustrating, but that’s what makes them rewarding to treat.
I know how great it feels to achieve your health and fitness goals, especially when you’re coming back from injury. So it’s amazing to help my clients do things you didn’t think you could, even if it’s as simple as walking for 30 minutes. When you get those wins, I feel like I do too!
Continuous learning in my interest areas keeps me on my toes. I genuinely enjoy getting to know my clients and I’ve learnt so many things from your life experience, travel and adventures. My day – and my work – is always better for it.
I’ve worked with Sydney swimming clubs, GWS Giants (AFL), Sydney Kings (Basketball) and Rugby Union teams, so I have a broad depth of sports experience that I bring to you at Flex Physio.
Away from work, you can find me in the pool, at CrossFit, on the couch with a movie or devouring an actual physical book.
Qualifications, Courses and Seminars
- Doctor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Health Science – Clinical Myotherapy
- McKenzie Lumbar Spine
- Mulligan Upper Quadrant (Neck and Shoulder)
- Dry Needling Certification
- The Online Running Symposium
- Victorian Schools Swim Team Representative backstroke, medley, butterfly
- National Age Group – Bronze Medallist 200m backstroke
- Cole Classic Swim – Age Category Winner 2015
- Victorian Country Swimming Championships
- Open water swim enthusiast – Point Lonsdale 2018, Port Fairy 2017, Bondi to Bronte 2013 – 2018