Michael is a qualified Doctor of Physiotherapy and also a Clinical Myotherapist. He has over eight years’ experience in the assessment and treatment of a wide variety of sports, spinal and peripheral joint injuries.
Michael’s strong foundation in manual therapy has given him the knowledge and experience to combine his Myotherapy skills with Physiotherapy treatment to provide comprehensive, effective treatment to help his clients achieve resolution of their pain and injuries.
As a competitive swimmer for many years, sport and exercise have always been a big part of Michael’s life. This has developed into a keen interest in swimming injuries, biomechanics and load management.
Michael particularly enjoys treating shoulder and running based injuries, managing his clients through acute injury management to rehabilitation, strength training and injury prevention.
Michael has worked with a number of sporting teams, providing injury management and rehabilitation for Sydney swimming clubs, GWS Giants AFL, Sydney Kings Basketball, and Rugby Union teams.
When not in the clinic Michael can usually be found in the pool or in the gym.
Qualifications, Courses and Seminars
- Bachelor of Health Science – Clinical Myotherapy
- Doctor of Physiotherapy
- McKenzie Lumbar Spine
- Mulligan Upper Quadrant (Neck and Shoulder)
- The Online Running Symposium
- Victorian Schools Swim Team Representative backstroke, medley, butterfly
- National Age Group – Bronze Medallist 200m backstroke
- Cole Classic Swim – Age Category Winner 2015
- Victorian Country Swimming Championships
- Open water swim enthusiast – Point Lonsdale 2018, Port Fairy 2017, Bondi – Bronte 2013 – 2018