Lead Clinical Physiotherapist
Clinical Pilates Instructor
Lead Clinical Pilates Instructor
Fiona completed a Masters of Physiotherapy in 2009 at Curtin University in Western Australia, having previously studied BA/BSc at Monash University. In 2015 Fiona became an APA Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist, after completing a Masters of Manual Therapy at the University of Western Australia.
Having been a competitive rower and netballer, Fiona enjoys working with clients to minimise the risk of injuries commonly seen in these and other sports. With a commitment to evidenced-based practice, Fiona believes in educating clients and actively involving them in their treatment and rehabilitation, empowering the client to achieve their goals.
Fiona strongly believes in the benefits of Clinical Pilates for injury prevention and rehabilitation and enjoys treating pre and post-natal women. In addition to her clinical Physiotherapy role, Fiona has been presenting on the APPI Pilates Instructor Course since 2012, teaching other Physiotherapists the benefits of Clinical Pilates.
Further training in Women’s Health means Fiona is qualified to perform assessment of the pelvic floor muscles and can assist women with continence issues and pelvic pain rehabilitation.
Qualifications, Courses and Seminars
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
- Masters of Physiotherapy
- Masters of Manual Therapy
- APPI Pilates Matwork Levels 1 – 3, Equipment Levels 1 – 4
- Dry Needling (Beginner and Advanced)
- Treatment of the Lumbar Spine and Pelvis (Dr. Barbara Hungerford)
- Mulligan Upper Quadrant (Neck and Shoulder)
- Hip and Groin in Sporting Athletes
- Patellofemoral Joint Pain in Sporting Athletes
- Introduction to Women’s Health (Tarryn Hallam 5 day course)
- Fiona was a keen rower at school and university, competing at the National University Games in 2003, 2004 and 2005.
- Netball (MCC) Open A1 Division Premier 2011
- Pier to Pub, Lorne open water swim 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
- Run Melbourne Half Marathon 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Melbourne Marathon Half Marathon 2014, 2018