Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates Practitioner
Physiotherapist and Clinical Pilates Practitioner.
Runner, mama, goal getter.
My fire as a physio comes from you. I build great relationships with my clients and really enjoy seeing how my input can help you physically and mentally. And every client I work with gives me the opportunity to learn which is perfect for someone as knowledge-hungry as me. New evidence is always coming out about injuries/conditions and I like that I have to continually adapt, learn and grow as a Practitioner.
Physio is all about finding the best solution for each client. I provide clarity around what you’re going though and create a clear path to getting you better.
I’m a runner, with first-hand experience in being injured. It’s no surprise that my focus is on running injuries, mainly in the hip, knee and lower limb tendinopathies. I’m driven to help runners train pain free and reach their next goal.
Chronic low back pain is another specialty of mine. It can be incredibly frustrating and limiting so it’s a wonderful thing to help you move more freely and teach you how you can best manage your back pain.
As a mum, I’m also a post-partum rehab expert – in theory and reality. I know how long and difficult the journey back to fitness can be so I enjoy guiding new mums through this stage.
Clinical Pilates combines all three of these areas and is the key ingredient to getting your body at its best for running, back pain management and mum-life.
When I’m not in the clinic, I’m with my son Harrison and my husband Michael, spending time with friends or phoning family in NZ. I love to wind down with a book and I have a stack of them waiting on my bedside table. I always prioritise a run, pilates class, yoga or strength session too.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Mulligan Manual Therapy, 1 & 2
- Dry Needling Certification
- New Zealand Manipulation Association – Upper Quadrant Manipulation, Courses 1-4
- The Sporting back
- Degenerative disc disease and disc replacement in the lumbar spine
- Multi-directional Instability of the knee
- Patello-femoral Joint Pain
- Gait/Running analysis and treadmill training
- Headache and Facial pain
- Hip preservation surgery
- Surgical management of the foot/ankle in Athletes
- Optimising Running Mechanics
- Running Injury Management
- Mastering Lower Limb Tendinopathy
- Clinical Pilates master classes in Gluteal and Hip Strength and Thoracic mobility
- Running Rehab Master Class
- The Running Science Symposium
- The Online Running Symposium
- New Zealand National Track and Field Championships – 3rd in Senior Women’s 800m
- Victoria State Championships Track and Field 6th in Senior Women’s 800m
- Victorian Mile Championships – 3rd
- Victorian 800m Championships – 3rd
- Australian National Track and Field Championships 1500m Finalist
- NZ Hawke’s Bay Triple Peaks Challenge, 50km event 5th female
- Queen of the Peak – Te Mata Peak, NZ, female winner
- Middlesex County Championship Women’s Cross Country – 3rd (team)
- Stonnington Frontrunner Mile – 1st place
- 2016 Run Melbourne (5km) 1st female, 10th overall
- 2016 De Castella (5km) 2nd female
- 2017 Run Melbourne (5km) 2nd female